Throughout the past month, I’ve been training in the HOKA ONE ONE Mach 2 for some of my mileage. I wanted a running shoe to replace the Saucony Kinvara 10 but with a bit more of a plush-like feel in the mid-foot. This isn’t my first time wearing HOKA as I’ve worn 2 variations of the Clifton in the past (which I enjoyed) but wanted something a bit lighter. The Mach 2 is designed with key features from the HOKA Clifton, Clayton, and Huaka making it a simple lightweight cushioning shoe aimed to give the runner a comfortable ride.
Key Features Of The Saucony Ride ISO 2
- Price: $140
- Category: Neutral
- Weight (Men: 8oz, Women: 6.6oz)
- Terrain: Road
- Drop: 5mm (24mm-19mm)
- Fit: Regular
- Widths: Regular Only
- Upper: open, minimal engineered mesh without any visible overlays
- Midsole: rubberized PRO FLY foam
- Outsole: same as midsole with no additional outsole
The HOKA ONE ONE Mach 2 is the perfect shoe for a runner looking for a lightweight shoe option for long runs or tempo work. This shoe can honestly handle any distance from 5K to 42.2K and is guaranteed to give you a very smooth ride on the road. This shoe is as simple as it gets as its upper is next to nothing but still gives a tight-knit fit and its ‘PROFLY’ rubberized foam gives the shoe a responsive bounce. All and all if you are looking for a lightweight neutral shoe that can go a bit faster the HOKA ONE ONE Mach 2 is a great option.
So There You Have It…
Click below to check out the shoes on amazon!
Similar Shoes To The Saucony Ride ISO 2
Here are some other shoes that are comparable to the HOKA ONE ONE MACH 2. Feel free to check them out too!
- New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080 V9 Running Shoe, Gunmetal/Outerspace/Energy red, 7 D US
- Saucony Men’s Kinvara 11 Running Shoe
- Skechers Womens GOrun Ride 7 Sneaker, Royal/Hot Pink, Size 5
Check out my review of the Saucony Ride ISO 2